Bahrain combines the desert landscape with the tranquillity of the surrounding ocean. It is one of the few developed countries in the world that have been able to integrate their cultural heritage into the modern lifestyle. Bahrain was one of the first places in the world to convert to Islam. In addition to the its culture, architecture and friendly people Bahrain has many natural attractions including rare wildlife like flamingos, gazelles, Oryx, turtles, sand dunes, springs and many other attractions. Bahrain has a well-developed transport system, making it easy to visit the different attractions in Bahrain. There are many activities that you can carry out in Bahrain. Some of the most popular activities include mountain climbing in the Zagros Mountains, Scuba diving and watching formula one at the Bahrain Grand Prix. The following are the most beautiful tourist destinations in Bahrain:
- This magnificent fort is a short drive from Manama City. The fort was designed with the aim of keeping of invaders and protecting the soldiers from external aggression.
- The fort is built using colored clay and building blocks that make it very beautiful when it reflects sunlight at sunset.
- There are guided tours that will take you to all the rooms and hidden passages of this fort. You will also see many antiques that have been preserved for many centuries.
- This five hundred year old tree grows in the midst of sand dunes without any source of water. You just need to see this to believe. Due to its uniqueness, the Tree of Life is the seventh wonder that nature has to offer.
- The locals are always ready to narrate stories about the origin of this tree that amazes everyone who sees it.
- This mosque is one of the largest and most beautiful in the world. It can handle seven thousand people at once. The mosque is built using high quality glass, marble and teak wood.
- The dome is made from fiberglass. The Al Fateh Grand mosque is the most beautiful place in Manama at night.
Al Khamis Mosque
- This mosque is located in Khamis. The mosque dates back to the seventh century. However, it has undergone renovations over the centuries. It has unique minarets since they are found at the front corners and they are made from limestone.
- The mosque has a flat roof with pillars to support it this elegant mosque is designed in a way that keeps it cool during the hot summer days.
- This is the hallmark of architectural design in Bahrain. This imposing skyscraper rises above the rest of Manama with pride that exhibits the architectural excellence of the Bahrainis.
- The building has high-speed elevators that take you to the top where you will get breathtaking views of Manama city, the port, ocean, causeway and the surrounding landscape.
- The twin tower sky scarper has sky bridges connecting the two towers. It also has wind turbines that generate power for lighting the building. You should ensure that you have your Bahrain visa before you make travel arrangements by visiting these beautiful destinations.