Raipur is one of the popular cities that is located in the district of Chhattisgarh and was founded by Kalchuri ruler, Ram Chandra in around 14th century A.D. Currently it has several divisions and headquarters that are located in the Chhattisgarh state. This city is one of the prominent cities that has proved its performance, and is infecting a very fast developing city in Chhattisgarh. With the construction of a steel plant, the place has gained momentum and added pace in the development of city.
There are numerous holiday packages for Raipur city that provide you a chance to visit the prominent places in Raipur city.
- Nandanvan Garden: This is one of the beautiful gardens that is located in the Raipur city. It’s sited at a distance of 15 km from Raipur and is a prominent tourist attraction spot that provides you with a pleasing environment. The garden also comprises of a mini zoo that contains several animals like deer, panthers, tigers, elephants, lions, etc.
- Rajiv Smriti Van: This forest conservation area is situated at a distance of 12 km from the city of Raipur and is spread over an area about 14 acres. Furthermore, the van was established so as to provide people with the knowledge regarding nature conservation.
- Champaran: This is a small village that is located at the distance of 60 km, which has huge religious importance as it’s a birthplace of the renowned saint Vallabh Acharya. This saint was regarded as the initiator of Vallabh Sect.
- Barnawapara Sanctuary: This is the famous wildlife sanctuary that is located in Raipur city. You can reach this place by taking facilities of jeeps and safaris that are easily available. Barnawapara sanctuary is located in the north of Mahasamund district. It’s one of the most preferred tourist attraction spots in Raipur, as it provides a thrilling experience to foreigners and visitors.
- Dongangarh: One of the eminent places in Raipur city is Dongangarh, which is located at a distance of 107 km from the city Raipur. It also includes a renowned temple of Mata Bambleshwri Devi. This is depicted as a sacred temple with which several tales and stories are associated.
- Rajim: This is majestically sited on the banks of River Mahanadi and is considered as a chief urban center that is located in Mahakoshal state. The place comprises of several temples, among which the most popular temple is of Lord Vishnu, which is popularly known as Rajivalochana Mandir. Beautifully constructed shrines with elegant designer 12 pillar systems are the major USP of this temple.
You can easily travel to Raipur city via the mediums of air, railways and road, as it is well connected with prominent cities like Delhi, Jabalpur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Kolkata, Bhopal and Bhubaneswar. Numerous holiday packages for Raipur are available that proffers you a chance to spend your summer vacation in a splendid way, full of joyful moments and unforgettable memories.
Best Travel Information about Raipur Tourism, Hotels in Raipur, Places to visit in Raipur to make an amazing vacation