Mauritius being a popular honeymoon destination in the Indian Ocean offers a range of attractions for newlywed couples. The beautiful island nation located near East Africa is wonderfully decked up with pristine waters, white sand beaches, lagoons and coral reefs. It is the perfect place for honeymooners to celebrate and cherish the most memorable time of their lives.
What to expect from a honeymoon in Mauritius?
Mauritius opens up to all its wonderful visitors with lazy beaches, shopping spots, romantic resorts and quite a few happening nightlife hubs. Apart from these, romantic cruise and Mauritian food are must-try.
You can pick from a wide range of customized Mauritius honeymoon packages that include tours of scenic vistas, amazing water sports, and perfect romantic settings. Tailor-made to kindle sparks of young love, water-villas in Mauritius are your private suites where you can watch the sun go beyond the horizon and chill out with a sip of champagne.
As you gear up for the best honeymoon experience in Mauritius, here are the places that must be kept at the top of your bucket list.
Most beautiful places to visit in Mauritius
- Romantic beaches in Mauritius
- Tamarin Beach – A must visit beach on your Mauritius honeymoon trip, Tamarin is located off the west coast of Mauritius close to the Black River. The beach – popularly known for surfing – is blessed with crashing waves and beautiful black sand. Besides if you are lucky enough, you can spot dolphins here. Also, don’t forget to catch the pleasant view of the sunset.
- Flic en Flac Beach – One of the most enticing beaches in Mauritius, Flic en Flac is distinguished for its beautiful coral reefs. The beach is one of the longest beaches in the country and boasts of lovely corals and picture perfect lagoons.
- Mont Choisy Beach – There is a reason why Mont Choisy is one of the most popular beaches in Mauritius. Lovely couples can choose from plethora of watersports activities and spend some basking in nature’s glory. Spend some private moments together as you walk hand in hand with your partner by the beach.
- Poste Lafayette Beach – That’s the Mauritian beach that feels more like a property. Perfect for a honeymooner, the Poste Lafayette Beach is tailor-made for newlywed couples. Spend some alone time with your partner and bask in the surrounding beauty.
- Black River Gorges National Park
The vast Black River Gorges National Park is one of the most beautiful places in Mauritius for all newly married couples. Spanning over an area of 68 sqkm, the national park is full of flora and fauna. It is perfect for honeymooners who like to spice things up with activities like hiking, camping, photography, etc.
- Casela World of Adventures
Going for a wildlife safari is one of the most exciting things to do on a honeymoon in Mauritius. Casela World of Adventures has plenty of wildlife which you can explore on an open safari jeep. Relish the cute moments together while taking a tour of the jungle that has elephants, lions, and other ferocious predators roaming in the open. The beauty lies in watching these animals in their natural habitat right amidst nature’s sojourn.
- Parc Francois Leguat
Among all other wildlife parks, Parc Francois Leguat is different and certainly acts as a major attraction for honeymooners traveling to Mauritius. The wildlife park located in the heart of Rodrigues Island in Mauritius is specifically popular for the varieties of turtles found there. Prepare to get enthralled with the sight of cute turtles crawling past you.
- Tamarind Waterfalls
Nothing can give you a heartwarming feeling as much as the colossal nature. A mere sight of wonderful nature sounds good enough infuse warm fuzzies. Located on the Tamarind River, the Tamarind Waterfalls in the Black River Gorges National Park is one such attraction in Mauritius. Popularly known as ‘Seven Cascades’, the waterfall is also the place for couples to try activities like hiking, canyoneering, cliff jumping, bird-watching, and swimming.
- Grand Baie Bazaar
Malls and showrooms can be spotted easily anywhere but the real fun lies in street shopping at unknown places. Grand Baie Bazaar has plenty of local shops that actually contain the best of Mauritius. From clothing to fashion accessories to souvenirs, the Grand Baie Bazaar has everything that would interest a newly married couple.
Necessity items like bags, umbrellas and other household commodities bearing vibrant floral prints can be procured from the bazaar at dirt cheap rates. If you are one of those impulsive buyers, then this is the place to be.
With this consolidated list of must visit place in Mauritius, honeymooners are headed for the spectacular times of their life. These places must be on your bucket list once you are in Mauritius for a honeymoon.